Yimin Ge, MD
Department of Pathology and Genomic Medicine
The Methodist Hospital Physician Organization
Assistant Clinical Member
Houston Methodist Research Institute
Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University
6565 Fannin Street, Suite M227
Houston, Texas 77030
Dr. Ge received his MD degree from the Xuzhou Medical College in Xuzhou, China in 1982. He later completed a research fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital and the Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts, and remained there as an instructor until 2000 when he moved to Galveston, Texas to pursue residency training at The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB). After finishing his residency, Dr. Ge completed a surgical pathology fellowship at UTMB, and then a cytopathology fellowship at The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas before joining The Methodist Hospital Physician Organization in 2006.
Dr. Ge is a general surgical pathologist with subspecialty interest in cytopathology.
Representative Recent Publications
Crumley S, Ge Y, Zhou H, Shen SS, Ro JY. Interstitial cystitis: another IgG4-related inflammatory disease? Ann Diagn Pathol. 2013 May 31. [Epub ahead of print]
Quiroga-Garza G, Zhou H, Mody DR, Schwartz MR, Ge Y. Unexpected High Prevalence of HPV 90 Infection in an Underserved Population: Is It Really a Low-Risk Genotype? Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013 Feb 20. [Epub ahead of print]
Zhou H, Schwartz MR, Coffey D, Smith D, Mody DR, Ge Y. Should LSIL-H be a distinct cytology category?: A study on the frequency and distribution of 40 human papillomavirus genotypes in 808 women. Cancer Cytopathol. 2012 Dec 25;120(6):373-9.
Ge Y, Mody DR, Smith D, Anton R. p16(INK4a) and ProEx C immunostains facilitate differential diagnosis of hyperchromatic crowded groups in liquid-based Papanicolaou tests with menstrual contamination. Acta Cytol. 2012:56(1):55-61.
Ge Y, Ro JY, Kim D, Kim CH, Reardon MJ, Blackmon S, Zhai J, Coffey D, Benjamin RS, Ayala AG. Clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical characteristics of adult primary cardiac angiosarcomas: analysis of 10 cases. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2011 Aug;15(4):262-7.
Koshy JC, Goldberg JS, Wolfswinkel EM, Ge Y, Heller L. Breast cancer incidence in adolescent males undergoing subcutaneous mastectomy for gynecomastia: is pathologic examination justified? A retrospective and literature review. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011 Jan;127(1):1-7.
- Ge Y, Luna MA, Cowan DF, Truong LD, Ayala AG. Thyrolipoma and thyrolipomatosis: 5 case reports and historical review of the literature. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2009 Dec;13(6):384-9.
- Blackmon SH, Kassis ES, Ge Y, Goldfarb R, Reardon M. Left atrial myxoma embolus to the renal artery: should a nephrectomy be advised? Ann Thorac Surg. 2010 Jul;90(1):289-92.
- Ge Y, Smith D, Schwartz MR, Mody DR. Image-guided ThinPrep Papanicolaou tests and cotesting with high-risk human papillomavirus in women aged 30 years and older in a low-risk private practice population. Cancer Cytopathol. 2009 Oct 25;117(5):326-32.
- Ge Y, Sneige N, Eltorky MA, Wang Z, Lin E, Gong Y, Guo M. Immunohistochemical characterization of subtypes of male breast carcinoma. Breast Cancer Res. 2009;11(3):R28.
- Ge Y, Eltorky MA, Ernst RD, Castro CY. Diffuse idiopathic pulmonary neuroendocrine cell hyperplasia. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2007 Apr;11(2):122-6.